Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I become a U.S. citizen?
There has never been a more important time to become a citizen. These are just a few reasons to become a U.S. citizen.
- Secure your immigration status in the U.S.
- Obtain federal jobs.
- Petition to bring your family to the U.S.
- Obtain a U.S. passport.
- Obtain the right to vote.
What is VTC24.com?
We are an interactive online school for U.S. Citizenship preparation that puts you in control of your own learning with self-paced video lessons and learning activities. We cover all areas of your naturalization interview.
Why Become A Member?
Imagine attending online classes at the place and time that best suits your busy schedule. We regularly upgrade our lessons and activities to fit the most current citizenship requirements. You will have access to learning experts and an interactive environment that integrates technology into your learning experience.
How can VTC24.com help me?
You will learn to…..
- understand and use vocabulary based on your N-400 form.
- recognize different types of questions asked during your interview.
- respond correctly to the questions you are not sure about.
- communicate effectively with your interviewing officer.
You will come to understand the importance of the N-400 because it is the basis for many questions during the citizenship interview. We can help you understand spoken English well enough to explain your answers. We offer many of the same types of questions used by USCIS to verify if you answered questions on the N-400 form correctly.
You will have access to speaking, reading, and writing exercises that target the information and skills necessary for English proficiency.
You will be able to watch practice interviews and learn how different applicants answer interview questions.
You will have access to convenient video-chapter lessons that include interactive learning activities. These learning activities are offered with all our video-chapter lessons, to sharpen your newly acquired skills.
What do I need to know about my naturalization interview?
The interview will center around three areas. The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) will check these three areas to see if:
- You can answer questions from the application form the N-400. The N-400 includes many questions that require detailed responses and an ability to remember every detail on the application.
- You can answer history and civics questions about the United States. Questions about important people, dates, and events in history will be asked to assess your knowledge of history. Questions in civics about the structure, function, and officials in the government of the United States will be asked to evaluate your knowledge about the US republic.
- You have sufficient English proficiency. You must be able to hold a conversation, understand and follow instructions, and possess proper dictation skills.